Sure, everyone at Epro 360 has already studied in the U.S. but we also had to fight our way to get there. We know that parents are worried when you ask them to leave their house for the first time. All GOOD parents are, because they love you. Now, what YOU are trying to do is ever scarier for most parents: You don’t just want move out of the house, but out of the country. For four year. AND most of the time you want your parents to pay for it, right? So you better have some good reasons at hand to support your decisions. Don’t worry, we have done the work for you. Tell us below how your parents reacted to this:
1) “College is supposed to be the time in life to get to know about myself. Not just to get to know about some academic concepts. How am I going to have time for that when I need to decide on my major before I even enter the university?” The U.S. is the only country on the planet whose university system is set up in a way that students only need to declare a specific major AFTER the first two years of study; without losing any time. With this system, undergraduate students still finish their degree on time, AND with a better sense of their talents. Guess why so many world-famous artists from the U.S. exude this “American Confidence”... It’s because their system gives them time for self-exploration. This argument works everywhere outside the U.S. No other country offers as much flexibility during the first two years of university.
2) Ask your parents “Do you want me to be successful or do you want me to be successful and happy?”
Then just be quiet, listen, and enjoy the answer.
3) “The most brilliant minds from all over the world want to move there or live there already.”
There is a reason why many the most brilliant minds from all over the world decide to settle in the U.S. It’s the same reason that the smartest people from all over the world strive to move to the U.S. It is a very open-minded, non-judgemental culture, compared to much of the rest of the world; a culture where people can unfold.
4) “In the future, global connections will only become more critical for a successful career. There is no other country where a university education and on-campus life can get me connected to as many students as in the U.S.”
You won’t find any any other place in the world where you can connect with with as many different cultures at the same time as on an American college campus. Why? Because it is a very attractive place to be. For EVERYBODY. Your parents don’t want to be the ones whose future generation misses out on these important connections. This leads wonderfully into the next point you need to tell your parents:
5) “I won’t get to know myself as at home as I need to, to properly reflect on myself and my culture, to succeed in dealing with other cultures.”
We all know that the world is getting more interconnected and we also know that this trend isn’t gonna stop or even reverse. For this reason, intercultural intelligence becomes an increasingly more important asset for everyone. The earlier people open up to this new reality, the more effortless they can start having a positive impact in the world. Not only that: Life also become a lot more colorful and fun with the access to all the new cultures.
6) “30 out of the world’s top 100 universities are located in the U.S. You want me to get a good university education? Then not sending me to the U.S. is more risky.”
Employers all across the world know about the high standards of U.S. college education, compared to the rest of the world. On a side note, I’d like to mention that Epro 360 has access to partnerships with many of these Top 100 universities. But even if you don’t end up going to one of the Top 100 Universities, chances are you’ll have the same books and similar learning experiences.
7) “I want to learn English like my native language. The English language is the key to access most cutting edge innovation in any field, done anywhere on the planet. I don’t want to fall behind on the latest trends.”
Oftentimes, the most innovative projects and breakthrough ideas are first published in English, regardless of WHERE they are published on this planet. They reason for this is that English is the language of the web. One famous example: Facebook. It started at Harvard University, then spread to other colleges in the U.S., then spread to American high schools, then to the rest of the country and THEN to the rest of the world. But this is not simply the case for IT innovations. One of the most interesting and progressing fields out there is that of mind science:
Today in the U.S., many people are passionate about decoding the minds of some of the world’s most successful people. The goal of this is to invent more updated ways to see the world, in order to live more successful and fulfilled careers. All of this is almost entirely done in English. Why?
Because the U.S. is the only country where capitalism has reached its maximal state to a point where it became unhealthy for many people. Large parts of society have gotten sick and tired of it. Now, people all over the country are looking for newer, more advanced systems to live a fulfilled life. Many U.S. Americans are entering an unprecedented journey of revolutionizing human existence on this planet. Some have called the 20th century the century of technological evolution and predict the 21st century to become the century of conscious evolution.
You don’t want to fall behind.
Epro 360 makes your American dream come true. Our knowledge of the country's educational system, life and culture, combined with the possibility of selecting mentors after your arrival to the United States, make our company unique in providing the highest chances for students who really want to study and succeed in the U.S.
Epro 360 LLC.
© Copyright 2018. Epro360.com
All Rights Reserved