Bachelor’s FAQs

Bachelor's Program


Here you will find the most frequently asked questions about Epro 360’s Bachelor’s Program.

1 - Before you enroll into the Epro 360 Program.

I am fearful about my professional future in this competitive world. Will an education in the U.S. help me at all?

Being fearful of your future is actually a good sign. It shows you care about your future, and this is vital for personal success and growth. Epro 360 was founded on the firm belief that the United States is the best place to spend your student years. Personal and professional growth will dictate your life, and although no one knows what the future will look like, the more prepared you are, the better. When studying in the U.S. you can expect an increase in self-awareness, cultural acceptance, a diploma with an added prestige, a strong network of smart and ambitious peers, etc. These are just some of the key factors to consider when making this important decision.

I want to study in the U.S. but my parents are not convinced. What can I do?

Our students are usually economically supported by their parents, making them a key component of the process. They are most likely going to cover some, if not all, of your costs of attendance throughout your years of study in the U.S. They must be as invested as you are in the desire and willingness of pursuing a degree in the U.S. If you would like to know some of the best points to share with parents when it comes to convincing them, here is a wonderful article highlighting the 7 most powerful ideas to share with parents.

How long does the whole process take?

It is hard to put an exact length on the entire process as every student is completely different. The more proactive you are in the beginning, the sooner our team can work on finding the perfect Universities for you. The more precise you are with what you are looking for, the more accurate the results will be, thus providing you with a higher level of satisfaction. In addition, some exams will be required from you to help us estimate your results. Typically we look at results from the SAT and TOEFL exams. Ideally, our students will see results within 3 weeks of beginning the process, but we have had cases of of up to 12 months in order to work alongside the customer until the expectations have been met.

Where does the scholarship money come from?

From its beginning, the U.S. has embraced the entrance of immigrants and appreciated the value they add to its economy. Therefore, the U.S. Government invests heavily in making it an attractive destination for people who wish to succeed and improve the world they live in. For this reason, millions of dollars are invested in high schools and universities with the sole purpose of creating scholarships that attract the best students from around the world. On top of that, institutions also see diversity and cultural differences throughout their campus as something to maintain and often times increase. They create specific scholarships to attract international students, many of them higher than what local students receive or apply for. Epro 360 is dedicated to finding the best of these scholarships, but is not responsible for supplying any scholarship amount to the student. 

Will I need to prove that I have obtained my high school diploma to start the process?

No, you will not.  You will need to provide verification that you have been awarded a high school degree from an accredited institution in the U.S. or overseas in order to be eventually admitted in a U.S. university.  However, a diploma is not needed to start the process with us. It is very typical for students that still have one or two years left to complete their high school studies to start the process with us.  Remember that the earlier you start, the more prepared you will be and preparation plays a crucial factor in terms of being successful during the admission process. 

What level of English do I need to be admitted to a university in the U.S.?

Universities in the U.S. will require you to take the TOEFL or IELTS exam. You do not pass or fail this exam, but you obtain a score. Each university requires a different score.  The minimum score by the less demanding universities is around 61 out of 120 for the  TOEFL, and around 6 out of 9 for the IELTS. Please be mindful that many international students are not able to obtain this score the first time they take the exam.  You have the option to retake these exams as many times as you need. Epro 360 also offers you coaching to prepare you for this. For those students that are still not able to achieve the minimum score, some universities also offer ESL (English as a Second Language) Programs as an excellent alternative.  

These programs are a fantastic option for many reasons. Firstly, it will help you pass the TOEFL or IELTS exam with excellent scores, increasing your University options. Secondly, it can grant you the opportunity of having an on-campus experience at any given university solidifying your desire to attend (or not) an American University. Lastly, it gives you a hint of the American education system and prepares you for your classes once you decide to start your Bachelor’s/Master’s Program.

What are the differences between a community college and a four year university?

In summary, community colleges are usually cheaper, do not usually offer room and board on campus and offer 2 year programs (often called associate’s degrees).  Also, the requirements to be accepted by community colleges are typically lower than universities. Thus, some international students decide to start in a community college and eventually transfer to a university to complete a four year undergraduate degree.  

Is it possible to transfer to a university in the U.S. with Epro 360’s help if I am already studying in another university?

Yes, it is possible, and this is one major advantage of U.S. universities versus universities in other countries, which mostly do not accept to transfer foreign credits. Based on our previous experience helping hundreds of transfer students, universities have accepted an average of 50% of the undergraduate foreign credits that our international students completed prior to changing universities. 

Be mindful that each University has their own policies regarding foreign credit acceptance. We cannot inform you of the percent of credits accepted by any given university until they review your academic transcripts. They will inform you before you are admitted on the credits they will accept, so you will never commit to any university without knowing this very important part of the admission process.

How does the Bachelor's Program Work?
We have the process behind the Bachelor’s Program explained in simple steps here.  Take a look and reach out if you have any questions.

2 - After you enroll into the Epro 360 Program but before you arrive to the U.S.

I have family and friends who live in the U.S. and would like to live with them. Is this possible?

Even though exceptions may exist, universities usually require international bachelor’s students to live on campus, at least, during their first year of studies (i.e freshman year). After that year, international students are usually free to decide whether to live off campus or stay on campus.

How are universities in the U.S. making the decision of who should be admitted and how much scholarship is granted?

Universities admission staff are responsible to decide whether your application for admission is accepted or not and the amount of scholarship that is granted, if any. Factors such as your own profile, scores of your tests, essays, letters of recommendation, the level of other applicants, spots available, how soon you apply, etc. influence the decision to grant you admission or not. Remember that Epro 360 will work together with you and the university to maximize your chances of admission and the highest scholarship amount possible.

How soon can I arrive to the U.S.?

U.S. regulations specify that international students with an F-1 visa may enter the United States no earlier than 30 days prior to the beginning of the start of your program. If you would like to arrive before, you would need to obtain a different visa (e.g. tourist visa).

What happens if my application to the university I have chosen from the “Listing of Universities” is rejected?

Although this rarely happens (we have an extremely high rate of acceptance), it is a possibility worth planning for. In these cases, our university experts will be by now very familiar with your profile and preferences. They will create a second Listing of university options tailored to your needs and desires in order to guarantee admission to an American University. One letter of rejection should not stand in between you and your dream of arriving to the U.S. in pursuit of higher education. 

We recognize the importance of analyzing the times we have dealt with a rejection by any given University. Our conclusions are simple: many of them come from students who disregard our advice towards a university the student is convinced about applying to. Many factors lie behind our reasons to advise a student not to apply. Some of these reasons may be: a change in policy within the university, a decrease of funding making scholarships more competitive or even non-existing, a rise in international population making acceptance rates even more competitive, etc. Sometimes, the student simply does not present a good enough profile to be accepted at the given university. This highlights the importance of listening to our expert advisors who are constantly in communication with universities and can dictate which ones are suitable for any given applicant. 

What happens if my application to obtain the U.S. visa is rejected?

This is an unlikely event, but in the case it does occur Epro 360 will assist you a second and even a third time in order to achieve your Visa. Many times rejection comes from something the student says or implies and for this reason we guide each student on how to respond to specific questions or prompts to maximize your chances of acceptance.

Can I work in the U.S. while I am studying?

You will be authorized to work on campus immediately after your arrival to the U.S., assuming that your university offers this option (mostly known as “Work and Learn or Work on Campus Program.”)  Epro 360 always informs students whether or not this is a possibility at the University of their choice although it is the student’s responsibility to pursue this option upon arrival. Your future work on campus will help you gain experience in areas related to your studies and also make your education more affordable. 

Currently, foreign students may legally work up to 20 hours per week on campus. Most universities will allow you to work up to 40 hours a week during your holidays (e.g. summer, christmas, etc.) and only if you decided to stay on campus.  You may work in the U.S. as long as you follow the regulations imposed by the U.S. government with regards to foreign students. 

Because each university has its own rules regarding campus employment, Epro 360 cannot guarantee you that you will be granted a job position.  Upon your arrival to the university, you will be responsible for reviewing the job openings, applying and interviewing for the position that best adapts to your profile and preferences.  Epro 360 will also share with you in advance how feasible it is to get a job in each university presented to you in the Listing. International students are not authorized to work off-campus until their second year of studies.  You will need a special permit called CPT. 

What is the difference between the sports associations NAIA and NCAA and how many divisions exist in each?

In the US athletic scene, you will find two different divisions: NCAA or NAIA. It is important for you, as an athlete, to know the difference between the two as it has consequences on your future election. NCAA has three divisions making it the larger of the two (NAIA has only 2 divisions). Since it is the biggest, NCAA receives the most funding of the two and the universities participating in these divisions are usually better recognized than its NAIA counterpart. However, regulations imposed on NCAA players/coaches/teams are also harder and more controlled than in the NAIA divisions.  

3 - After you arrive to the U.S.

What if I don’t like my experience in the U.S. and would like to go back to my home country or go somewhere else?

​If you decided to go back home before completing your university degree in the U.S., you would need to personally contact your closest local Epro 360 representative.  This person will provide guidance on some of the steps you could do to try to transfer some of your U.S. university credits back to your new university. Based on our experience in different countries, we found that it is somewhat difficult that foreign public universities accept foreign credits. However, each university may have its specific rules so the situation will really depend on your future university.

What are the benefits of the Epro 360 Network?

The Epro 360 Network’s final goal is to help you become successful in the U.S. through a comprehensive selection of valuable extracurricular development services. These mainly include educational mentorship and career coaching services, but also other services such as resume revising, personalized online marketing, internship offerings, etc. You can have access to professionals specialized in your area of study and future expertise. These mentors and coaches can respond to any questions you may have related to general areas of knowledge (e.g. leadership, entrepreneurship, self-discovery, etc.) in addition to your specific area of study and specialization. Also, these mentors and coaches can share their connections and personal career advice to help you transition from the classroom to the workplace.  

I read about the CPT above, but I have also heard about OPT. What is the difference between these two?

CPT, or Curricular Practical Training, is one option F-1 (international) students have to work off-campus part-time or full-time while studying (before graduating).  On the other hand, OPT, or Optional practical training, gives F-1 (international) students the opportunity to work off-campus part-time (20 hours or less) or full-time (20+ hours) in a job related to their chosen major for a total of 12 months.  If you study a major in the science, technology, engineering, or math fields, you will be eligible for an extension at the end of the original 12-month limit. The current extension is for an additional 24-months, which will give you the opportunity to work for a total of 36 months (3 years).