- Cognitive knowledge: Participants reported an increased understanding and awareness of various cultures, their impact on our global society and an increased proficiency in languages. This was significant for all three voyages yielding the highest gains of all assessed dimensions.
- Intrapersonal identity: Participants reported an increased awareness regarding their unique identity, purpose in life, and meaningful philosophy of life. This was significant for two of the three voyages, with the last voyage coming very close to significance.
- Participants reported an increase in viewing themselves as global citizens. This was significant for two of the three voyages.
Participants reported an increase in overall wellbeing. This was significant for two of the three voyages.
- Intrapersonal affect: Participants reported increased respect and acceptance of cultural perspectives that were different from their own as well as a higher degree of emotional confidence when processing encounters with other cultures. This was significant for two of the three voyages.
- Improved understanding of the world
- Greater awareness of cultural difference
- Improved self-confidence and autonomy
- Improved flexibility and understanding of multiple perspectives
- Better understanding of own culture
- Greater acceptance of others and their own opinions
- Ability to live in close community
Get a more vivid perspective on SAS's benefits.
This video shows a collection of pictures and memories from voyages over the past years.
If you would like to obtain more information about our Semester at Sea program, or would like a free consultation with one of our team members, please contact us or complete the following application form.